Cats have a tendency to claw and scratch the furniture, to stop them from that it is better to give them their own furniture which will keep them entertained for hours. Cat trees are such a thing that every cat owner should invest in. If thinking about where to buy a cat tree from? Then visit the nearest pet furniture store to get a quick idea. But if thinking about how to choose the cat tree? Then this article can help.
Cats can climb trees and that is an innate trait they born with, but the trait they did not get honed in is climbing down. Climbing real trees can be dangerous, but to stop them from doing so one can buy them a cat tree. Cat trees are artificial furniture which is built in a way that cats can climb them and also lounge on them. These are a bit taller than cat beds but are completely safe as cats will not hurt if they fall from the top. Cat trees vary in height, structuring, style, size, building material etc.
Types of cat trees
Depending on the size of the cat, style of the tree or the budget of the owner one can find several types of cat trees. But there are mainly three types which are:
- Themed trees: these are designed for fun and style, as they are normal cat trees only but with different themes and colors.
- Cat post: these trees are great for cat lounging, as they can sleep and rest on the bedding. These are usually designed for one or two cats. They also have a scratch post which they claw and scratch and spare the owner’s furniture.
- Cat condo: these are the most famous type of cat trees. These have tall structures with rooms on top, scratch posts and also a place to hang the cat toys. These cat trees keep the cats busy for hours and they can easily sleep comfortably in the individual rooms. These are also good for multiple cats.
Benefits of cat trees
There are many benefits but some of the major ones are:
- Cats get a territory of their own to mark and scratch, also lounge comfortable when tired without making a mess of the entire home.
- Scratch posts help in strengthening the cat’s claws and also weaken the older nails which can be easily cut.
- Cat trees are best for cats as they can have fun on it and rest on it too.
- Cat trees ensure that the cats do not go out and climb dangerous trees.
- Most of the cat trees are build for multiple cats, so one furniture can make multiple cats happy and save a lot of money.
Choosing the best cat tree
Before thinking about where to a cat tree? One should be very clear of what they are looking for and how to choose the best cat tree for their cats. Some of the factors are:
- The support to the cat tree should be sturdy and strong.
- The size should be comfortable enough for the cat to sit and rest on.
- One should pay attention to the design features too like scratch posts, places to hang cat toys, ladders etc.
Though cat trees are not the cheapest cat furniture one can find several budget-friendly ones which are sturdy and strong enough to last for years.